Any and all intellectual property rights within the CAR TECHNOLOGY are hereby owned by CAR completely and entirely. These rights include, but are not limited to:
- database rights
- design rights (no matter if they are registered or not)
- trademarks (also registered or not)
- other comparable rights that occur in the world along with the right to request protection for same.
Any and all other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names announced within CAR TECHNOLOGY are the property of their corresponding owners.
CAR and any other CAR logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks or trade dress of CAR in the United States and all other countries (“Marks”). If you provide Services as a Driver, CAR allocates to you, for the duration of this Agreement, and contingent upon your observance of this Agreement, a fixed, revocable license to show and use Marks exclusively in relation to giving services through CAR TECHNOLOGY (“License”). This License is fixed and non-transferable (meaning you cannot assign it to someone else), and you do not have the right to give or appropriate it to any third party or to give permission, license or sublicense with respect to any of the allowances granted hereunder without CAR’s express and prior written permission. CAR may withhold permission at any time for any reason or no reason at its sole discretion. The Marks may not be used in any way that could ever cause confusion.
You agree and acknowledge that CAR is the owner and only licensor of the Marks, information, websites, scripts, content, CAR TECHNOLOGY and trademarks including all goodwill correlated therewith. You also agree and acknowledge that your use of the Marks will not mean any further interest in or of any ownership of the Marks in you but rather inures to the benefit of CAR. Failure to adhere to this Agreement may result in permanent removal from any and all CAR TECHNOLOGY or services and functions and/or non-refundable loss of payments until such time as the offensive matters or materials are resolved.
You acknowledge and agree that you will not at any time:
- design any components that use the Marks or any by-products of the Marks as a trademark, service mark, trade name, or trade dress other than as solely approved by CAR in writing prior to such use;
- use the Marks in any and all ways that may impair their legality as proprietary trademarks, service marks, trade names, or trade dress or use the Marks any other way than is stated in this Agreement;
- take any action that would threaten, jeopardize, impair, debilitate or diminish CAR as the rightful owner of the Marks or their authority, and therefore, their ability to enforce the Marks, which includes denying, challenging, contending or opposing CAR’s rightful ownership of the Marks;
- attempt to gain trademark registration or renewal of trademark registration for any of the Marks, any subordinate of the Marks, any consolidation of the Marks and/or any other name or any trademark, service mark, trade name, symbol, or word that is comparable to the Marks;
- make usage of the Marks on or in relation to any enterprise, product, action, service or activity that is in infringement of any laws, legislation, mandates, regulations, rulings, statutes, acts, codes, decrees, precedents or by any other governmental requirements or standard in the country, county or area that you are using CAR TECHNOLOGY or services.
The consequences of infringement of any arrangement of this License could result in prompt termination of the License at CAR’s sole discretion at any time. CAR controls the right to rescind your License to use Marks for any reason or no reason at all. If you construct anything that uses the Marks (in infringement of this Agreement), you acknowledge and agree that upon their construction, CAR will solely own all rights, titles and interests in those constructs, including any alterations, modifications or adjustments to the Marks or any subordinate works that can be construed as based on the Marks. You also acknowledge and agree to give any interest or right you may have in such constructs to CAR and to give any and all information and to provide any documents as reasonably needed by CAR to facilitate CAR to establish such control.
CAR will always respect the intellectual property of others and demands that its Users do the same when working with CAR. If you have reason to believe that any constructs on the CAR TECHNOLOGY violate your copyrights, please view our "Copyright Policy" for information on how to make a copyright inquiry.